Quarantine Blog 4/13/20

4/13/20
One whole month of quarantine. I find myself thinking about how at one point and time I was sitting in English class, cheering when the announcement came on the speaker, declaring that school would be cancelled; readily making plans, ecstatic that I would not have to attend school for a ~little while~. This month has been the slowest month I have ever lived through, I am currently under the impression that had we been in school and never been quarantined that we would already be half way through May. I didn’t realize how fast time passes when you have something to do- which is why now for the first time in my life I am grateful for school work as it provides me with something to do. As it stands now, both my brother and sister are at school, living and attending online classes at each of their universities leaving me at home with no one other than my parents. I am currently fighting a losing battle for them to come home soon, although my sister confirmed she’d be coming home by the end of April which seems so far away; my brother will probably come home sometime in May. Hopefully I won’t have to be reliant on my siblings to come home - who knows maybe the social distancing will end soon! Maybe we can go back to school, maybe we can return to a semi normal schedule. Maybe.

Comments