Quarantine Journal

As this quarantine continues I find that I am watching strictly comedy shows that will make me laugh or smile; It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia being one of the shows that I watch. However, the other day I watched the episode “The Gang Get Quarantined”- an episode where there is a so-called “plague” in Philadelphia and the gang takes it upon themselves to self isolate and quarantine in Paddy’s Pub, a bar that they all collectively own. This episode is usually a sure bet to make you laugh, but when I watched it earlier this week, it was all too real for it to be funny. Similarly to the gang, I am not allowed to leave my house because there is a pandemic, I can’t see anyone who isn’t my immediate family, I cannot go to the store, I cannot talk to anyone when I go for runs or at least maintain a minimum of six feet of distance between myself and whoever I might encounter. Never did I ever think that an episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia would be something that I could relate to in such a way where it is no longer amusing to watch. But we have moved on and branched out, finding more episodes to replace the one that lost its humor. 

Comments